Climate Change and the Environment
The science is clear, global climate patterns are shifting and it is up to us to take action to protect our future generations. We simply cannot continue to put off action on this issue. Over the the past 10 years, climate change has cost US taxpayers over 350 billion dollars. Corporations cannot be allowed to continue to pollute our air with toxins, which is why I supported the Sterigenics shutdown. We cannot continue to rely on fossil fuels and coal to power our lives. We have a responsibility to ensure our future generations will have clean air, water, energy, and be safe from environmental disasters resulting from climate change. As your Congressman I would:
- Support legislation shifting fossil fuel subsidies to clean energy subsidies, while protecting workers and local economies.
- Expand funding for clean energy sources like wind and solar, as well as funding research into other forms of sustainable, renewable energy.
- Expand and promote tax credits to families utilizing solar energy, as well as electric vehicles.
- Develop and advance legislation to ensure that all federally supported construction and infrastructure bids have a sustainable, environmental approach.
- Support legislation tightening enforcement of environmental standards.